Dr Anthony Keeley is a specialist hip and knee surgeon based in the Sutherland Shire and St George region of Sydney.
Dr Keeley graduated from the University of Tasmania in 2000 and went on to completed his Orthopaedic surgical fellowship training across Sydney in 2010. He then embarked on post-fellowship sub-specialised surgical training in Brisbane focusing on joint replacement surgery, trauma, and lower limb deformity surgery. He completed two six-month fellowships in pelvic and acetabular trauma, complex peri-articular trauma, limb deformity surgery and lower limb arthroplasty (joint replacement).
At the completion of these sub-specialist training fellowships he returned to Sydney to begin working as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon.
Dr Keeley joined the Sydney Orthopaedic Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery practice at the start of 2011. His main areas of interest are hip and knee surgery, complex trauma surgery, and deformity correction.
Dr Keeley has a strong research interest. He also participates in a number of teaching activities involving orthopaedic trainees, medical students, nursing staff and others.
Dr Keeley is trained in both traditional and modern ‘minimally invasive hip surgery’ (anterior approach) which offers patients decreased post-operative pain, shorter rehabilitation, shorter hospital stay, smaller scar, faster return to daily actives and less blood loss during surgery. He is also trained in modern robotic guided knee surgery.
Dr Keeley welcomes both public and private patients and practice known-gap affordable surgery.
- FRACS (Ortho), 2010
- MBBS (Tasmania), 1995-2000
- BMedSci (Tasmania), 1995-1998
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Royal Brisbane Hospital
- Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma Fellowship, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Hip Replacement & Revision / Resurfacing (minimally invasive approach)
- Knee Replacement & Revision (robotic navigation guided systems)
- Arthroscopic Hip & Knee Surgery
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction (including ACL, PCL, Meniscus surgery)
- Fracture/Trauma Surgery
- Deformity Correction (Osteotomy)
- St George Public Hospital
- St George Private Hospital
- The Sutherland Public Hospital
- Kareena Private Hospital
- Kogarah Rooms (Monday & Wednesday – PM)
- Caringbah (Monday – once a month)
- Menai (Wednesday AM – fortnightly)
- AMA consultation rates
- Discount for pensioners (No Gap/Known Gap)