Orthopaedic Hip & Knee Surgeon
Kogarah, Caringbah, Menai
Dr Anthony Keeley is a specialist hip and knee surgeon consulting across the Sutherland Shire and St George regions of Sydney.
Dr Keeley graduated from the University of Tasmania in 2000 and went on to completed his Orthopaedic Surgical Fellowship Training (FRACS) on the NSW Orthopaedic Training Program in 2010. Dr Keeley then embarked on post-Fellowship sub-specialised surgical training in Brisbane, focusing on hip and knee joint replacement surgery, trauma, and lower limb deformity/correction surgery. He completed two, six-month surgical training fellowships in pelvic and acetabular hip trauma, complex peri-articular trauma, limb deformity surgery, along with lower limb arthroplasty (joint replacement).
At the completion of these sub-specialist training fellowships he returned to Sydney to begin working as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with significant sub-specialised expertise in hip surgery and knee surgery.
Dr Keeley joined the Sydney Orthopaedic Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery practice at the start of 2011. His main areas of interest are hip and knee reconstruction and replacement surgery, trauma surgery and deformity correction.
Dr Keeley has a strong research interest. He also participates in a number of teaching activities involving orthopaedic trainees, medical students, nursing staff and others.
Dr Keeley is trained in both traditional and modern minimally invasive hip surgery (anterior approach hip surgery) which offers patients decreased post-operative pain, shorter rehabilitation, shorter hospital stay, smaller scar, faster return to daily actives and less blood loss during surgery. He is also trained in modern robotic guided knee surgery, which is a technology that seeks to assist the surgeon improve the placement of the implant, to improve the survival times of the implant.
Dr Keeley welcomes both public and private patients and practices ‘known-gap’ affordable surgery and ‘no-gap’ at his discretion.
Contact us for a quote or to make a booking below.
- St George Public Hospital
- St George Private Hospital
- The Sutherland Public Hospital
- Kareena Private Hospital
- Kogarah (Monday & Wednesday – PM)
- Caringbah (Monday – once a month)
- Menai (Wednesday AM – fortnightly)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Hip Replacement & Revision / Resurfacing (minimally invasive approach)
- Knee Replacement & Revision (robotic navigation guided systems)
- Arthroscopic Hip & Knee Surgery
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction (including ACL, PCL, Meniscus surgery)
- Fracture/Trauma Surgery
- Deformity Correction (Osteotomy)
- FRACS (Ortho), 2010
- MBBS (Tasmania), 1995-2000
- BMedSci (Tasmania), 1995-1998
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Royal Brisbane Hospital
- Pelvic and Acetabular Hip Trauma Fellowship, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
BILLING POLICY & COSTS:
- AMA consultation rates
- Discount for pensioners
- No Gap / Known Gap policy
- If you don’t have private health insurance – email us for a quote.