Dr Keeley graduated from the University of Tasmania in 2000 and then went on to completed his Orthopaedic training in Sydney in 2010. He then embarked on post-FRACS sub-specialised surgical training in Brisbane in joint replacement surgery, trauma, and limb deformity surgery. He completed two six-month fellowships in pelvic and acetabular trauma, complex peri-articular trauma, limb deformity surgery and lower limb arthroplasty.
At the completion of these fellowships he returned to Sydney to begin practice.
Dr Keeley joined the Sydney Orthopaedic Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery practice at the start of 2011. His main areas of interest are hip and knee surgery, complex trauma surgery, and deformity correction.
Dr Keeley has a strong research interest. He also participates in a number of teaching activities involving orthopaedic trainees, medical students, nursing staff and others.
Dr Keeley is trained in both traditional and modern minimally invasive hip surgery (anterior approach) which offers patients decreased post-operative pain, shorter rehabilitation, shorter hospital stay, smaller scar, faster return to daily actives and less blood loss during surgery. He is also trained in modern robotic guided knee surgery.
Dr Keeley welcomes both public and private patients and practice known-gap affordable surgery.
- FRACS (Ortho), 2010
- MBBS (Tasmania), 1995-2000
- BMedSci (Tasmania), 1995-1998
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Royal Brisbane Hospital
- Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma Fellowship, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Hip Replacement & Revision / Resurfacing (both anterior/posterior approach)
- Knee Replacement & Revision (robotic navigation guided systems)
- Arthroscopic Hip & Knee Surgery
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction (including ACL, PCL, Meniscus surgery)
- Fracture/Trauma Surgery
- Deformity Correction (Osteotomy)
- St George Public Hospital
- St George Private Hospital
- The Sutherland Public Hospital
- Kareena Private Hospital
- Kogarah Rooms (Monday & Wednesday – PM)
- Caringbah (Monday – once a month)
- Menai (Wednesday AM – fortnightly)
SPECIAL BILLING POLICY:
- AMA rates
- Discount for aged pensioners (No Gap/Known Gap)